I’ve had a break from my blog for a few weeks for a number of reasons, not least a hectic summer off with my kids! I’m back on it now though and after a thoroughly inspiring trip to Yarndale (about which more in my next blog post) at the weekend I can’t wait to get going on all things crochet and crafty once again. Last night I made this cheery little mandala.I made it from my stash of Stylecraft cotton DK Classique. Nice quick mini project and stash buster, if you’d like to make one here’s how:
1. Using a 4mm crochet hook, in Dove, chain 5 and join with a slip stitch. Fasten off.
2. Join yarn in Azure. Chain 2 (counts as first treble crochet on every round) or dc if you’re in the USA) then work 9 trebles into the middle of the chain circle. Fasten off.
3. Join yarn in Tropical Jade. Chain 2 then work 2 trebles in every space between the trebles on the row below. Fasten off.
4. Repeat 3 using Sunflower. Fasten off.
5. Join Hot Pink and chain 2 then work a treble in the same space. Work one treble in the next space, then two trebles in the next, then one treble in the next. Keep alternating two trebles then one treble in each space to the end of the round. Fasten off.
6. Join Mauve, chain 2 and work one treble into each space to end. Fasten off.
7. Weave in or sew in ends and block if you like or just enjoy admiring it and thinking about My Little Ponies and Rainbowbrite for a bit.